Many Thanks to Sharon from Creativity and Family for nominating me for the Liebster Blog Award! I usually shy away from things like this but having read about the award and the history behind it I thought “why not!?” Sharon explains it really well in this blog post: https://creativityandfamily.wordpress.com/2015/09/22/liebster-blog-award/
It’s a nice way to discover new blogs and find out more about the person behind a blog. The questions Sharon chose are actually rather nice and I get to chose between 5 and 10 questions which also eases the pressure! It’s made me do some thinking that I might otherwise not have done!
So here goes, my 5 chosen questions and answers…
1. What is your favourite crafting tool?
This has to be my crochet hook! Where would I be without it!? However, if you’d asked me the same question at another point in my life I might have answered knitting needles or my Husqvarna sewing machine.
2. What is your all time favourite yarn, thread or silks?
I’m currently using ‘Patons Merino Extrafine Cotton DK’ a lot for my samples to submit as part of the International Diploma in Crochet. It’s a joy to crochet with and comes in lovely muted colours. However, I’m very partial to the ‘Rowan’ brand of yarns, also because one of my son’s is called Rowan (not after the yarn brand I hasten to add!)
3. Where do you sit to do your creating? If possible could you share a photo?
I crochet anywhere – that’s one of the reasons I love it so much! But in the evenings I can often be found in this corner of our sofa with a crochet hook in hand!
4. What do you store your wips and take out projects in?
I have a selection of bags and pouches that I store my wips and projects on the go in. Here are a few…
5. Are you hoping to make gifts for Christmas this year and if so approximately how many?
Every year I plan to make Christmas gifts but time always seems to run out and I’ve never got to make as much as I’d like! This year I’m hoping to make 6 very small gifts for close family.
So now I have to nominate other blogs for the Liebster award. Please don’t feel obliged if I have nominated you- I was in two minds myself whether to participate, although I’m glad I did. I’ll use the same 10 questions as Sharon and you can answer any 5 (or more) of them.
- What is your favourite crafting tool?
- What is your favourite craft book
- What is your all time favourite yarn, thread or silks.
- Do you have a project that you have made time and time again?
- Are you hoping to make gifts for Christmas this year and if so approximately how many?
- What is your favourite handmade gift that you have received from somebody else?
- Where do you get your best ideas?
- Where do you sit to do your creating? If possible could you share a photo?
- Have your creative hobbies changed over the years or do you stick to the same ones?
- What do you store your wips and take out projects in?
My nominated blogs are:
As an award winner you must:
- Acknowledge and accept the Liebster Award by leaving a comment on the blog where you were nominated.
- Copy and paste the Liebster Award medal (logo) onto your own blog.
- Link back to the blogger who awarded you and give thanks.
- Answer the questions put to you by the person who nominated you. This is a great way to get to know the people behind the blogs. The number of questions have vary from 5 to 11 depending on who is asking.
- On your blog nominate and link to your 5 favourite blogs (or more) that you enjoy but have a small readership (the rules have varied from less than 200 to less than 3000 readers). It could be that they have only been blogging for a short time or have a niche interest but are worthy of gaining more attention in the wider blogging world. That means the blogs of large, commercial enterprises are not eligible for nomination; nor are blogs that are well publicised in a variety of media and established with tens of thousands of followers.
- List your questions for your Liebster Award nominees on your blog.
- Inform your nominees by leaving a comment on their blogs.